Monday, September 24, 2012

Life is BUSY


Hello all!

I REALLY don't have a lot of time to write!  So, to zoom through this past week:

Met almost all of our investigators finally!  I have basically just been trying to get to know all of them in our programs this past week.  I am in kind of a weird situtation, where Sister Watts knows all of them and their backstories, but can't actually talk to them.  So, I have to come in, not really knowing anything (except what I have read in their records) and try and address their needs.  It has been going okay, but I think, as a companionship, we will be able to teach the investigators together a lot more smoothly in the upcoming weeks.  Instead of me just trying to figure out who these people actually are :P

We had zone training in Miskolc this past week.  We had a small miracle getting there.  Neither Sister Watts or I had ever taken the train there.  She had looked up the train times, and we were willing to make a go of it.  We woke up at 5:00am to catch our train, went to the train station, bought our tickts, found our train, and both consequently fell asleep on the trip.  However, only about an hour into our trip, I woke up to Sister Watts telling me that the train had stopped and everyone had gotten off of it.  And we weren't in Miskolc.  I was like, Oh dang, what do we do?!  (I haven't really been on trains a whole lot on my mission, seeing as I was in Budapest and the zone leaders had a car in Szeged).  We were trying to figure out where to go when we saw the elders from that city jumping on the train right next to us.  We hurried off, then ran over to their train, and got on.  We found out that we had bought tickets with a connection/switch included.  We had no idea.  We sat next to the elders the rest of the way there and they led us on the bus system of Miskolc to the branch house.  Needless to say, we would not have gotten there as smoothly on our own!  I was so grateful that God was looking out for us when we had no clue what we were doing :P  The training was good.  One of my favorite parts was where they took the junior companions into another room and seperately, we, as seniors, and they, as juniors, talked to the APs about how we could better help each other.  It was enlightening and fun :)

I also finally got to go to church here in Debrecen yesterday and meet the whole branch!  It was interesting.  Sister Watts is part of the Primary presidency, but none of the regular kids showed up.  Instead, we ended up playing babysitter for a couple of sunbeam and nursery age children for the first two hours, so the primary teacher could go to Sunday School.  We built legos, colored pictures, and learned about Noah's ark with toys.  It was pretty fun :)  In sacrament meeting, all SEVEN new missionaries introduced themselves.  (The elders, me, the new senior couple, and the senior sisters are all new to Debrecen (and one elder and the senior couple are brand new to Hungary!))  They are really hoping to strengthen the branch here, which is one of the largest on the books (around 200, I think) but only about 40 people are active.  We have our work cut out for us!  But an awesome group of misisonaries to do it!  I will tell you more about each of them in future emails.

Anyways, sorry this is so short.  Sometimes life is BUSY.  Know that I love you all!  Keep on keeping on :)  SMILE!  Life is great!

Love,
Kramer Nővér aka McKenna

P.S. I WILL send pictures at some point.... but not this week!  Sorry :(
P.P.S. Funny story.  It was Elder Beaumont's birthday this past week.  We got him the most awesome birthday present.  Aka most random one haha.  The best part was this super ugly tie we found in our apartment and wrote a birthday message on.  He has a giant tie collection, but we told him this would be the best one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment