Monday, August 27, 2012

Mi is történt múlt héten? Hmm....


Hello all!

We have had a pretty standard missionary week, insofar that we met with a lot of people, and, when we weren't meeting with people, we were looking for people to meet with :P  I had a request to tell a little bit about some of our programs, though, so here you go:

There was one program with Béla (the man we met with on the train who lived in America for a long time).  We taught him about the Plan of Salvation (if you don't know what I am talking about, check out this link
 He liked it, but also told us that it sounded too good to be true and that he had some doubts about it.  We told him that that is totally understandable... and pretty common haha.  We've all had doubts.  That's kind of where learning and believing comes in.  Whenever I have had questions, I look for answers in the scriptures and from the prophets, think about it, and pray to God about it.  I was able to share with him how I have gained my testimony of the Plan of Salvation.  In a large part, I have never really questioned it.  It has always made a lot of sense to both my heart and mind.  I've studied it my whole life and felt it to be true.  In practical application, though, I guess we could say, when people I have known and loved have died, I have recieved confirmation and comfort that God DOES have a plan for us.  There is existence after death.  We will see those we love again!  I am so grateful for the peace this plan has brought into my life.  Béla really respected what we were saying and told us, that while his doubts still aren't gone, he is willing to learn about it and ask God about it himself. Which is all any of us can do, really.  We never do ask people to believe us as missionaries.  We present the information, answer their questions, and then encourage them to study the heck out of it themselves and go with the big questions of whether this is true or not to the one who knows it all (God).  It is so cool that God is willing to let each and every one know personally that we are loved by Him and that there is a purpose to our life!  We just need to take the time to learn about Him and His will for us :)

Anyways, I will try and include more details about programs in my future emails!  I don't have a lot of time tonight, though, so I will keep it at that one program :)

We did get to do a few more unusual things this past week, now that I think about it.  As missionaries in a country where the church isn't super strong or big, we often have a much more active involvement in the ward.  For instance, this past week we were kind of temporary subsitute members of the Primary Presidency, while they waited for some new callings to be made.  Sister Adams is one of the counselors to the Hungarian president, so we translated in their meeting this week.  On a different day, we went with them to visit a less-active family and their kids.  It was fun!  We also had dinner with President Smith and his wife, as they came down to Szeged for the first time and spoke in church (during which meeting, I was suprised asked to sight-read and play the piano... worked out well enough :P).  I really like the Smiths, though-- they are very nice!

Final note before I run-- in district meeting, Sister Adams shared this quote from Joseph Smith and I really liked it! "The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it."  It always makes me scratch my head when people try and tell us that we aren't Christian.  Really, Jesus Christ is the base of all we believe :)

Anyways, I love you all!  God loves you, too!  Have a great week!

Love,
Kramer Nővér aka McKenna

No comments:

Post a Comment