Monday, August 6, 2012

I can't even think of a clever title. I am TOO HOT!!!!


Hello All!!

This week has been soooo long!  And HOT!!  We are currently in the middle of ANOTHER extreme heat wave here.  I think the temperature today is around 38 or 39 degrees Celsius (which translates to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit).  Sister Hardy claims that we basically are serving in South America at this point.  We sure do sweat a lot!  (Gross, I know!)  We have been doing a lot of tracting in 10-stories to avoid the sun.  And drinking a TON of water.

Other than that, our week has been pretty eventful.  Our washing machine broke.  And we got a new elder in our district!

Nealy Elder went home this past Wednesday.  We spent our last PDay with him taking pictures around our much beloved city of Szeged (see attached), and then getting filled to bursting at one last meal at Géza's.  He truly outdid himself this time, with the dinner consisting of NINE courses (two soups, three main courses, salad, two desserts, and watermelon) and taking over three hours to eat!  I kind of wanted to die at the end, but as usual, it was all absolutely delicious!  (I just request that you all take it a little easier on your own missionaries!)  It was a lot of fun serving around Elder Nealy!  He is one of the nicest and most giving people I have ever been around :)  I am so lucky to have made so many friends on my mission!

Elder Velasquez, despite being a zone leader, was selected to train, so he went up to Budapest on Wednesday to collect his new little "child".  The greenie is named Elder Hatfield.  He is from Provo, Utah, is way taller than the rest of us, is a stellar soccer player (we played soccer for PDay today!!!  It was SO hot!  But SO fun!), and a great missionary :)  Sister Hardy and I have decided we are his cousin and aunt, respectively, and have been trying to make him feel welcome in our little district in the beautiful city of Szeged in the foreign country of Hungary.

We had a lot of awesome programs with investigators this past week!  Too many to write about, so I will just focus on one: We have meeting for a few weeks with a fifteen year old girl named Livia.  Her parents are from China, but she has grown up in Hungary and speaks Hungarian perfectly.  She was a referral from a member, as she was interested in practicing English with us and learning a little more about our church.  Her English turned out to be awesome, so it has been fun to talk to her, and she has just been swallowing up the gospel!  She has been reading tons from the Book of Mormon!  She prayed for the first time in her life in one of her programs!  She has been feeling really good meeting with us :)  We invited her to church this past week, as she has been doing so good, but she wasn't really sure, as she has never been to church before.  We showed up yesterday at church, though, and she was already there!  She stayed for ALL three hours and really liked it! She even stayed afterwards and talked with her new friends she had made that day!  It has been so cool to see her testimony and confidence grow!  I can't say I know how it will all end (we've talked a bit about baptism-- SHE brought it up after reading 2 Nephi 31), but I love the growth we've been a part of!  We see miracles all the time, big and small!

Anyways, I am SO hot in this email place (no air-conditioning), so I am going to end with that this week.  I hope you all have much cooler weeks than I do!  Appreciate what you have!  (Air conditioning!  And other blessings!)

Love you all!
Kramer Nővér aka McKenna

P.S. A lot of people have been emailing me about the Olympics.  I heard Hungary creamed USA in water polo!  I have to admit, I cheered a bit about that :)  What can I say?  I love this country :)

No comments:

Post a Comment