Sunday, February 5, 2012

This past week :D - Monday, January 30, 2012

Hello Family!

I don't have a lot of time, so this will be quick:

Last Monday, we played in Budapest with a large group of missionaries.  It was lots of fun!!  A tri-panionship of elders came into Budapest to play.  It was really neat because one of the elders was Hungarian.  (In fact, that is why they were in a tri... He has been called to serve in the Washington D.C. South mission, but he hasn't got his Visa yet.  So until then, he is serving in Hungary with a companionship here!)  But it was super fun to talk to him all day :)  I think I talk to way more néni's than young people here!  So it is always good practice to talk with someone my own age :P
 
We started the day out by going to "The Palace of Miracles" (Csodák Palotája).  It was this super fun science museum type thing (one of the elders told me to describe it as Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium... pretty accurate description actually).  Admittedly the seven of us were probably the oldest people there (it is mostly meant for kids, I think haha) but it was super fun nonetheless!
 
Then, Sister Johnson and I were taken out to lunch by the senior sisters (belated birthday treat).  We went to Trófea's (the ever popular Hungarian buffet).  They brought out a cake with a sparkler in it for me!  And sang Happy Birthday to me.  Soooo fun!
 
Then we tried to find the Chinese Piac.  Ended up in the ghetto of Budapest :)
 
After that, we went to this little store that sold American items.  We actually found Reese's Pieces!!  And Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream... YUM YUM YUM!!!

We had Zone Conference this past Thursday.  It was great, as always :D  Some of my favorite parts came from a departing testimony from one of the elders in our zone.  I liked these quotes from him: "Have a full mission.  Serve with no regrets."  He told us of his own 2 year conversion and how every single missionary who taught him was exactly what he needed at that time.  Looking us straight in the eye, he pointed and told us, "You are exactly what these people need right now."  It is really cool to think that I and my life experiences are exactly what somebody needs here to help them learn and progress.

Funny moment this past week: We had an investigator who wanted to come to a Cultural Night at our ward.  Not really knowing what that meant, Johnson Nővér and I agreed to go with her.  We thought we would cook Hungarian food or something... Wrong!  We went to this event and found out it was a class about Hungarian history... in Hungarian.  So we learned about Hungarian working songs and other random stuff.  It was interesting :P  And a very good language study haha.

Anyways, I have to run, but know that I love you!  I love missionary work!

Love,
Kramer Nővér aka McKenna

No comments:

Post a Comment