Thursday, June 7, 2012

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." -Tenneva Jordan - Monday, May 14, 2012

Hello all!

Well, I just got to Skype with my family yesterday, so this feels a little redundant :P  I think I might just focus this emailing session on sending pictures (since I am sorely behind in that).  The fam and I had an amazing talk yesterday, though!  I was able to Skype with literally everyone, which was so awesome (we had a four-way video chat going on, to connect to family in Tennessee, Texas, and Connecticut).  (Yay for technology!)  The occasion for said conversation?  Mother's Day :)  I am so so so so so lucky to have the mother I do.  She is the hardest working, most giving, loving, awesome woman I know :)  Her example and teaching have really shaped a lot of who I am (pretty much the good part haha).  I am so grateful to have been raised by GOOD parents.  I see everyday here the effects of broken homes and I am so grateful and lucky to have always had home be a safe haven with loving and encouraging parents.  Our families and relationships truly are the most important part of our lives.  So, take the time this week to tell the people you love that you love them!  And then go and do something nice for them!  (I personally recommend hugs and cookie-baking togetherness :D)

Anyways, before I go off and send my photos, I just want you all to know that I STILL am SO happy to be here serving a mission :)  I can't say it is easy (as I was reminded yesterday, I am thousands of miles away from my family, and in addition to that, this language is hard, lots of people could care less, and there is always room to personally improve) but I am still loving this opportunity to work hard everyday and to share my beliefs!  I want you to know that I believe that God knows each of us.  I know that He wants us to be happy.  I know that we can be the happiEST when we follow His guidance in our lives, found in the scriptures, from prophets, and through prayer.  I am so grateful for this opportunity to personally grow closer to God, and to help others learn more about Him.

I love you all!  Have an amazing week!

Love,
Kramer Nővér aka McKenna

No comments:

Post a Comment