Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Quick Christmas Greeting - Monday, December 26, 2011

Hello All!

I just wanted to send a quick note wishing you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Happy Holidays!

This week has been fun!  We have done zone "blitzes" a bunch, meaning all the missionaries who could in our zone collected in one gathering place.  Then, about half of us sung Christmas carols and the other half streeted (talked to people walking by, people looking at the Book of Mormons, people who were listening to us and just wondering why the heck a bunch of 20 year olds were singing out in the cold, etc.)  It was a lot of fun!  It was really interesting because one day we were in a very touristy area and II ended up talking to more people who spoke non-Hungarian languages than actual languages!  Really-- I talked to people from Israel, Syria, France, Germany, America, etc.  It was a fun experience!  It was interesting doing this with the zone because a lot of people I talked to expressed their suprise at our commitment to share what we believe (we were quite the oddity as a large group of young adults singing Christmas carols in the middle of Budapest).  One man, in fact, told me that I should be partying instead!  I don't agree :P  I chose to serve a mission and I am grateful every day that Í did.  Yes, it is hard.  Yes, most kids my age are NOT doing something like this.  BUT (and this a big but!) it is WORTH IT.  I am sharing something I believe can change any life for the better!  I get to tell people that they are loved!  I get to be an instrument in helping people know God!  These last 5 months have been amazing!!

For Christmas, our investigator Zsuzsa received the gift of the Holy Ghost in sacrament meeting (a pretty great gift!).  We only had one hour of sacrament meeting (which I played Christmas songs for), but it was still special :)  It was great as missionaries to spend time with our ward "family" since we are all so far from home.  We have also spent a lot of time with our mission family-- we have had meals here at the Mission Home, with Christmas story tellings, carol singing, and game playing :)  De Leon Nővér and I tried to make this Christmas season special-- we bought a Christmas tree (decorated it with homemade bows and cookie cutters haha), did Secret Santa with our district, and of course, got each other gifts.  It has been interesting, though-- it has still felt like Christmas even without the excess of gifts!  And my favorite moments have been serving others (and making their holiday season special), teaching about Christ, and talking to my family (which I was able to do, with much joy, yesterday over Skype!!).  I encourage all of you to remember the truly important things this holiday season and beyond!

I love you all!  Merry Christmas!  Love each other!  Be happy!

Love,
McKenna aka Kramer Nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment