Monday, December 17, 2012

My Very Last Email as a Missionary (dum dum duuuuum)


Hey all!

Totally weird to be writing my very last email!  I honestly kept forgetting that I was going home this past week.  I would keep telling all of our investigators, "Next time we meet...." and my companions would just look at me haha :P  But it has been an awesome week full of miracles!

I will keep it short, but basically we had a lot of awesome programs with new people!  (Totally got to go whipping during one of them :P)  We had an awesome program with Éva, the girl from the train, who we had met once before and had felt something in our last program.  This time, she explained that we had answered a lot of questions she had had for years.  She started crying as she talked to us about it.  She also told us how she had remembered during a hard time this week what we had said about finding answers through reading the scriptures.  She read a little bit from the Bible and took time to think about her program and totally recieved an answer!  This is awesome, seeing as when we first met, she wasn't even sure she believes in God!  Anyways, it was an awesome program.  We talked to her about baptism, too, and she knows it is the goal!  She told me that I kept making her cry, though (I kept bearing my testimony about the gospel and about how God loves her)!  She told me how much she will miss me because she really feels like we are connected because I am the one that found her on the train (she is sure it was not just coincidence... I agree!).  Anyways, total bummer that I won't be around for her growth, but I know she is in good hands.  I am so glad that Sisters Behunin and Roney are taking care of my much-loved Debrecen!

I was able to go to a baptism this past week, too.  Some investigators from the city over came and used our building.  But it was really nice.  I actually felt like it was a small gift from God on one of the last days I had as a missionary.  Just to even partake in it was so great and I reflected a lot on how special we all are to God.  There are no ordinary people.  We all have the opportunity to make covenants and come closer to God.  We all can do extraordinary things!

We also had the ward Christmas party, where we three performed a LOT of barely practiced (but successful!) musical numbers.  Sister Behunin and I also performed in church: follow this link for a later recording of the song!

Anyways, I think normally people's last emails are usually shorter and mostly about going home?  I don't know, I am just kind of still obsessed with my mission life :P  I love the people here so much!  It was so surreal on Sunday to say goodbye to my branch and my companions.  All the members patted and kissed me and told me how much they would miss me.  They even recited a poem in church for me haha.  I also had to say goodbye to my awesome awesome companions!  (President had me go up with four elders to Budapest last night.)  That was totally lame because we got along so well!  We seriously must have been the most functional and drama-free threesome ever!  I love those girls to death!

Anyways, not much else to share.  I have been in Budapest today at a Christmas zone conference.  I shared my departing testimony... again haha.  But I really just felt so much appreciation for my mission.  I have loved my mission.  I love the people here.  I love this country.  I love the gospel.  I know that my time here is done, though.  I am excited to use this as a springboard for the rest of my life!  I really think I will be able to trace all good things after this to my mission.  This has been the best decision I ever made!

I was told to send kisses and greetings to my family!  Puszillak!

See you family TOMORROW!  "Come what may and LOVE IT!"

Love,
Kramer Nővér (soon to be McKenna)

No comments:

Post a Comment